Yes, I DID blog about my journey to Australia - from visa application, to moving there, to life there and then back to Malaysia! The blog is called Malaysia2Adelaide, and for a while I toyed with the idea of importing the posts from that blog and incorporating it into this one, but I've decided to leave it be because migrating all the comments to Disqus would've been an abysmal nightmare. Also, having a simple linky link would suffice, methinks:
Here are just some of my favourite posts from Malaysia2Adelaide:
- The Australia PR is not your golden ticket to life. Seriously.
- The curious case of the Helpx host from Hell aka My first Helpx experience was beyond awful. <-- This remains one of my most popular posts because my experience was simply too crazy to believe!
- Be sure to know WHY you want to emigrate --> Because, believe it or not, I didn't know why.
- “I want some real information please!” Beyond the PR puff pieces about Australia
- Making a living in Australia
- Finding a home in Adelaide aka How to be a nomad without trying to --> Otherwise known as "My incredibly shoddy luck with housemates in Adelaide".
- Same shit, different bucket --> This post made some folks angry. God knows why.
- Longing for home --> This post possibly and probably spurred me to make my trek back home to Malaysia.
- The Day I achieved my childhood dream
- Simple living made it possible for me to move to Australia
Of course there are a lot more posts in the blog, from the random food porn, cafe entries (Adelaide made me a coffee addict. The coffee there was divine), to my adoration of Adelaide's many beautiful beaches and even a post on how I de-stuffed my life to move to Oz (it made me determined to be a minimalist who will only take an hour to move homes!)
Reading the blog again made me rather nostalgic of Adelaide. What a beautiful place Adelaide was/is!